Sunday, February 26, 2012

Beginnings

Here we go, or I go. For the month of February I've been on an excursion of sorts doing the ever so popular picture a day, not just because it's cool, but to embrace, and more importantly make time for my creative side. I enjoy my camera so much, yet very rarely take the time to use it. I have also been wanting to put more energy into writing - and so, the blog.

Although I did not plan it this way, taking pictures every day has given me a sort of visual diary of my days and weeks. It is just as much fun going back through the pictures weeks later, after I have them all organized and edited. Since I have been enjoying this daily photo adventure I am going to make it a year commitment. I most likely will miss a day somewhere as I have almost missed several days already this past month. February is a short month - a year is a long time. So far I have enjoyed the pictures for myself, but through the blog I will share with all of you. I know my family and far away friends may enjoy the pictures and writing, so instead of keeping them to myself I will share.

I may not write much for every picture. The plan is to share the pictures with a breif description, but here and there I will blog about this or that relating to my pictures and my days.

Here is a scattered sample of February's pictures - the year of pictures will start in March.



2.1.12
This was the beginning.
Symbolizing the last of the Christmas decor being put away for good. I left my Christmas decorations up extra long this year. It was the first year we had a tree!




2.4.12 
I finally chopped my hair off, getting the asymmetrical cut I had been wanting for a long time. Yay!




2.8.12 
Learning as a counselor never ends





 2.9.12
This was when I almost forgot to take my picture for the day. 
Yay for point and shoot from my bed. 





2.12.12
Weekend excursion to Carlilse to visit the Jumpers!




2.13.12
Happy Valentine's Day 





 2.15.12
My play therapy "tools". Mr. Fish, Baby Alien, and Rufus. 
Who knew I would someday use these at work! 




2.16.12
I couldn't resist. Our landlord's daffodils were are in full bloom in FEBRUARY!
 Welcome to 2012's winter in Philadelphia. 
Blah.








2.17.12
I completely unraveled a project I was working on. I decided I didn't like the yarn or the pattern. 
Meh. You have to know when to unravel it all and start over. 




2.18.12
My birthday! John suprised me (quite a feat in and of itself) with a cast iron tea pot! 
I love it so much, sometimes I make tea just to use it.






2.19.12
Recent readings.






2.21.12
A visit from the Palmers. We walked around historic philly for the day and had cheese steaks for lunch. I also was able to hang out with Lavera for an evening while the love birds had a date night. We had an awesome time.





2.22.12
Some how I have no pictures of the Fishers as of yet in my photos...a problem that must be remedied. We have Bible study with them on Wednesday evenings and they have become family to us. This Wednesday I worked late and they cooked us a fabulous blackened cat fish dinner. Who knew I liked cat fish?!




 2.23.12
Palmers again for lunch before they left to go home to NY. I missed them as soon as they left. I hadn't laughed so hard in a while. Ashly and Pat your presence is good for my soul!



So there is a random compilation of February. I may post more since the month is still winding down, but I won't necessarily post one for every day of the month until March. 

Happy browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment