Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cupcakes, Swimming, and Bruschetta

4.2.12
Camera phone photo shoot. Two little boys favorite creations after a morning of baking. I think they did a fantabulous job.




4.3.12
Packed for the pool in the AM. After a week hiatus I am back in the pool with Rebecca.Yesterday I realized how much fun swimming laps really is for me. "Swimming laps" sounds awful which is probably why I had never tried it before. That and I was always the last kid to move forward in my swimming skills. The one who still had to hold her nose when she swam underwater. The one who never figured out how to swim free style because she still had to hold her nose. The one who was scared to death of jumping off the diving board but did it anyway to avoid being a scaredy cat...I was that one. "Swimming laps" sounds awful, but somehow being in the water makes it fantastically wonderful. My love of water won over the uncomfortable feeling of breathing in a nose full of water. I'm not sure how, but it did. Today (4.2.12) as I was getting frustrated with the day in day out obstacles of life I thought "I could go back to the pool right now" It is another freeing place where everything goes away and it is just me and the water. Loving it.



4.4.12
My Basil is popping up! Yummy bruschetta to come. In fact I do not think I will wait. I will go buy basil for bruschetta tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment