Monday, March 19, 2012

Daisies

3.19.12
I planted some herbs today. I began to put the deck back together (somewhat) as I am getting ready for my flowers and summer. I think I'm going to go a little more low key this year. Last year I had a rather large urban garden. Several flower pots in each corner, alongside the table, next to the house, on top of the railings, and even on the window ledges. Oh, and bags hanging off the house too. It was way too much. I have been trying to find perennials that will survive over the winter in pots. I have found a couple, but most of them just die. Late last year I tried to plant daisies. It was a horrible idea since it was towards the end of the season, they would barely grow before frost would kill them. But I did it anyway. They grew quite well actually, then winter came. We had a warm winter. They are coming back.
Little green leaves are coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment