Saturday, March 17, 2012

Junk Yard Treasures

3.15.12
Just my pen holder on my desk. Picture doesn't show the colors too well, 
but it is a pretty piece of pottery - garage sale!







3.16.12
Dinner with the Davis family! We played just dance on the Wii. I was way to serious and John cheated the entire time by just moving the remote around! Lame. Thank you for a fun night Bobby and Joanna!




3.17.12


3.17.12
 Junk yard treasures! I have been realizing my need for more creativity in my life. I am trying to make it a priority. I have a few ideas floating around my head, but I am unsure of what I am actually going to do here- the theme will be beauty out of brokenness or beauty in the midst of brokenness..something along that line. I might add some song lyrics or a verse to the mix. I heard a new song recently via my friend Rachel by Rend Collective Experiment. You can check out their video here: Second Chance .She had posted the lyrics and they caught my attention. The whole song shows what I am hoping to show in this crazy project. This morning I was feeling discouraged trying to sift through the difficulties of seeing and acknowledging the depth of pain I see at work, while still holding on to hope, faith, the work and promises of redemption. I decided an art project was just the thing to do. John and Mike were working for the day and so I asked Becky if she would join me on an the adventure. We were off!  We could not find any junk yards around, but her apartment complex has lots of dumpsters, so I went dumpster diving for the first time! Then we found the big dumpsters and hit the jackpot. Broken glass, rusted metal, and "who knows whats" everywhere. We brought them home and cleaned them up. Tomorrow, or soon, we will begin our creations! 

My future hangs on this
You make preciousness from dust
Please don't
Stop creating me

...............


When sin and ugliness
Collide with redemption's kiss
Beauty
Awakens by romance

~ Rend Collective Experiment


No comments:

Post a Comment