Sunday, June 10, 2012

Visiting Conneticut



6.10.12

Home Sweet Home
I'm not trying to do any advertising or anything, but now that we are home I had to go grocery shopping. Off to Trader Joe's! We love shopping at Trader Joe's.







6.9.12

The group of us! We stayed with Uncle Charlie for a couple of days this week after driving up for John's grandfather's funeral (Gramps). It was wonderful to see everyone, yet bittersweet at Gramps passing. We did enjoy lots of peace and quiet in the woods, walks, looking at old pictures and sharing memories.


6.8.12
John worked on the car ALL day replacing the front axles. Did you know there are two pieces to the front axle? I thought it was all one piece. Anyway, it took hours to get the ball joint out/off on the first (left) side. This is his victory stance after finally getting the first old axle out. Can you see where it is broken? Now the car is all put back together and fixed - at least that part...there's more to do later. Thank you hubs for taking care of the car! :) 






6.7.12
In Memory of Kenneth Fitts (Gramps)

I did not know Gramps for very long. I did not meet him until after John and I were married, but in the short time I did know him I enjoyed him very much. One of the first times I met him he told us about his motorcycle trip to California and back when he was 21 years old. He went the whole trip on his motorcycle, spending only dollars in gas, fixed his motorcycle multiple times, and often sleeping under the stars. Amazing. I learned this past week he also learned how to sail after he retired and would sail up and down the coast with friend on occasion - even making it to the bahamas. 

He was always tinkering with something when we went over to the house. I see a lot of him in John. He loved learning how things worked and making his own creations. He built his own motorcycle when he was 12 (out of a small motor and two by fours) and made several of his own radios which he showed to us himself. I think the one time we stopped by he was making his own battery charger for a device for which you could no longer buy the charger. He was a kind and interesting man and from what I knew of him, and the stories I have heard from others, he lived a full life. I only wish I could have met him earlier. He will surely be missed.






6.6.12
Back to swimming after being sick. I love being in the water! And look at our cute little shower caddies!






6.5.12
Flowers are in full bloom. So pretty!





6.4.12
Stuffed Green Peppers



No comments:

Post a Comment