Sunday, March 4, 2012

March begins...

3.1.12
This is the door of our office. The office shared by three residents. Three residents, colleagues, and friends. These three colleagues are going to a Diane Langberg seminar this week to learn about the trauma of childhood sexual abuse. How I am excited about such a thing makes no sense. The accompanied pit of sadness makes more sense. This door used to hold only my name with "counseling intern" underneath. Now greater things are being done as we move forward with three, not just one. "Greater things are yet to come and greater things are to be done here."





3.2.12
This is our young married sunday school class dinner. We do it every 1st Friday starting this year. This time we had Raclette, which is melted cheese poured over whatever you are having dinner. Cheese. Yes. Apparently they used to melt cheese next to the fire or other heat source, and scrape (Raclette is the French verb for scrape) the cheese off and onto the food. We had a Raclette grill with a heating element - we melted the cheese underneath and then poured it over potatoes, chicken, pork roll, pepperoni, tomato, pickles, and onions. Yes, pickles. It was so tasty! Thank you to Gregorys for sharing!







3.2.12
This is the second picture of the second day of March. I asked John if it was "ok" for me to post more than one picture a day. He said no, because "it's called a PICTURE a day". I said "maybe I'm going above and beyond," "ok, maybe I'm breaking the rules, I'm a rule breaker, meh". So, here's the second on the second. I wanted to include this one because it's a keeper - Paul, great shot. Paul and Dorothy have led our young married's sunday school class for over the past 2 years. I've learned more from them about being married then I learned in an entire semester of grad school focused on studying marriage counseling - and it does not reflect poorly on my education. Thank you friends for opening your life in honesty to teach, support, and encourage us youngins in the art of marriage. You have had a great impact on my life and in our marriage. Paul also introducted me to DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) of which I am currently quite enthralled by and hoping to make a permanent part of my counseling career.













 3.3.12
Saturday. Ahhhh, how I love the weekends. John and I made (more like John made) a good breakfast after sleeping in. I think he had plans to make omelets, but they turned out a little different. We dubbed them "open faced omelets". Yum.
















3.4.12
Sunset on a restful weekend. This makes me hungrier for summer, grilling on the deck, and watching the sun go down on warm nights. And camping! I am greatly looking forward to summer, weekends of camping, fresh air, tents, fires, sleeping bags, and laughing by the fire with the Fishers. Mmmmm. Yes.





No comments:

Post a Comment